If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, you are prohibited from using our website or our Software Product App; OtelFree
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements: "Client", “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions.
"The Company" (OTECH), “Ourselves”, “We” and "Us", refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves.
Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors and Software Product App (OtelFree) users; in this policy we explain how we will treat your personal information.
Collecting Personal Information
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including [your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths])
- Information that you provide to us when registering with our website (including [your email address])
- Information that you provide when completing your profile on our website (including [your name, profile pictures, gender, date of birth, relationship status, interests and hobbies, educational details and employment details])
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (including [your name and email address])
- Information that you provide to us when using the services on our website, or that is generated in the course of the use of those services (including [the timing, frequency and pattern of service use])
- Information relating to any purchases you make of our [goods / services / goods and/or services] or any other transactions that you enter into through our website (including [your name, address, telephone number, email address and card details])
- Information that you post to our website for publication on the internet (including [your user name, your profile pictures and the content of your posts])
- Information contained in or relating to any communications that you send to us or send through our website (including [the communication content and meta data associated with the communication])
- Any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person's consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
Using Your Personal Information
Personal information submitted to us through our website and Software Product App (OtelFree) will be used for the purposes specified in this policy.
We may use your personal information to:
- Administer our website, Software App and business;
- Personalise our website and Software App for you;
- Enable your use of the services available on our website and Software App (OtelFree);
- Send you goods purchased through our website and Software App(OtelFree);
- Supply to you services purchased through our website and Software App (OtelFree);
- Send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you;
- Send you non-marketing commercial communications;
- Send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- Send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- Send you marketing communications relating to our business [or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties] which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website and Software App (OtelFree);
- Keep our website and OtelFree secure and prevent fraud;
- Verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website and OtelFree[(including monitoring private messages sent through our website private messaging service)]; and
- other uses.
If you submit personal information for publication on our website or Software App; OtelFree, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us.
[We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party's direct marketing.]
- All our financial transactions are handled through our payment services Smartpit (Japan only), PayPal and Credit Cards.
We will share information with our payment services provider only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing payments you make via our website or Software Product App OtelFree, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds.
Disclosing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to [any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors] insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
International Data Transfers
Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
Information that we collect may be transferred to the following countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area: [the United States of America, Russia, Japan, China and India].
Personal information that you publish on our website or Software Product App OtelFree or submit for publication on our website or OtelFree may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
Retaining Personal Information
This Section sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information.
Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- v to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- v if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- v in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Security of Your Personal Information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
All electronic financial transactions entered into through our website or Software Product App OtelFree will be protected by encryption technology.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
[You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website).]
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website and OtelFree.
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
We may notify you of changes to this policy [by email or through the private messaging system on our website and OtelFree].
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to:
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity [(for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address)].
We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Third Party Websites
Our website and Software Product App OtelFree may include hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites.
We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
This website, Software App OtelFree and its content is copyright of Ocean Technology (OTECH)
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
- You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Copyright and other relevant intellectual property rights exists on all text relating to the Company’s services and the full content of this website and our Software App; OtelFree.
This Company’s logo is a registered trademark of this Company in Japan and other countries. The brand names and specific services of this Company featured on this website are trademarked.
We have several different e-mail addresses for different queries. These, & other contact information, can be found on our Contact Us link on our website or via Company literature or via the Company’s stated telephone, facsimile or mobile telephone numbers.
This website is owned and operated by Ocean Technology (OTECH)
Our registered office is at 113-0034 Tsunashima Dai 2 Bldg 5F, 3-20-12 Yushima, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo, Japan.
You can contact us by writing to the business address given above, by using our website contact form, by email to email@example.com or by telephone on +81-3-5816-3777
Your statutory Consumer Rights are unaffected.
© OtelFree 2016 All Rights Reserved